Oh! You Pretty Things by Shanna Mahin (2015)

syndetics-lc
Jess is third-generation Hollywood and deeply immersed in the culture, from her failed actress/stage mother to her friends in the industry. She gets a job as a personal assistant to an agoraphobic composer, then gets stolen away by an A-list actress, who is also best friend to one of her best friends. 

I love all the wit in this novel--I love Jess's sense of humor. This is one of those novels where I could quote my favorite lines on about every page. The plot itself is less compelling, with a romantic prospect that keeps popping up in the unlikeliest places, and a seriousness that comes out of left field at the end. But the characters are great, the friendships are realistic and truthful, and it was delightful summer reading.

Because I can't recreate the entire book, here's a tiny bit is from when Jess is working as a barista:
"I consider charging him an extra dollar because he made me strain to hear the word "coconut," but I've already hit my limit on groundless irritation for the day." (p. 4)
Groundless irritation!  Love it!