A Spool of Blue Thread by Anne Tyler (2015)

syndetics-lc
I love reading a book by an author whose work I've loved so in the past. I've not really fallen in love with a Tyler book since The Amateur Marriage (have I even read her others?)  But this one? I love the characters and the complicated family and marital relationships. Just loved. Oh, I'm moving my rating up to love.

One more thing I loved--insights like this:
 "One thing that parents of problem children never said aloud: it was a relief when the children turned out okay, but then what were the parents supposed to do with the anger they'd felt all those years?' (p. 157)
"You wake in the morning, you're feeling fine, but all at once you think, "Something's not right. Something's off somewhere; what is it?" And then you remember that it's your child--whichever one is unhappy." (p. 160)