Good Boss, Bad Boss: How To Be the Best-- and Learn from the Worst by Robert I. Sutton (2010)


Good Boss, Bad Boss
While waiting for Sutton's The No Asshole Rule, I picked up this one instead.  I read and started marking all the parts that really hit home.  When I found post-its sprouting on way too many pages, I realized that I would surely need to buy it. Which I did, for full price (almost) at Barnes & Noble, no less.

Sutton, whose No Asshole Rule is subtitled: Building a Civilized Workplace and Surviving One That Isn't has a great, humane view on management, and admits that there are no easy answers.  Sutton's stance is that management is a great balancing act, and he includes real-life stories and great advice to successfully balancing. Definitely a must for any manager's professional bookshelf. Too many good points to possibly include here!