Patrick Dennis - Adored Author

Of course, I completely adore Patrick Dennis's Auntie Mame.  It's witty and gay (no other word fits so well) tale featuring one of the most memorable and endearing characters of all time.  Of course, an amazing film starring Rosalind Russell.  But I think if I had to pick a desert island book out of his work, I might pick The Joyous Season.  In this novel, Dennis tells a vivid, comic tale of precocious children, wacky families, Christmas and divorce.  Why did no one make this into a movie yet?   So many beautifully cinematic, and completely hilarious scenes. I also love Tony, but at this point, Dennis's sharpness gets a little tough to take at times.  Still, there are so many scenes that stay with me for always.  Also, he's a fascinating character himself--check out Uncle Mame by Eric Myers for the full, weird story.